Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Earthfare Freebies and Picadillo

I LOVE Earthfare.  It helps that there is one within 2 miles of my house.  If you sign up for their newsletter, you can many "freebie" coupons.  Last week I received a coupon for 1 free pound of ground chuck with any $5 purchase.  Free meat is amazing!  Not to mention I did their lunchbox project and had another coupon for a 3 lb bag of honeycrisp apples free.

You will soon learn I'm not a fan of cooking meat.  However I had a free pounds of ground beef so I needed to cook it.  I googled and found a recipe on food network for Picadillo.  I had never had Picadillo but it sounded good so I made it.  The recipe says to serve it with rice or tortillas, but a friend and I decided nachos would be better.  The only alteration I made to the recipe was I added a can of petite diced tomatoes.  We both thought it was weird that it called for green olives, but it added an amazing flavor to the dish!  Anyways, we dished out the picadillo over a bed of tortilla chips and cheese.  We also topped it with a bit of sour cream.  YUM!  I forgot to take pictures of the nachos because we devoured them right away!

You can find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment