Saturday, September 11, 2010

Your Pie, Athens, GA


A bit blurry but you can still see the yummyness!

When I mention being gluten free most people ask me if I've tried Your Pie.  I have been twice and I am very grateful for them!  The concept is simple- you pick everything for "your pie."  They have a gluten free crust option for $1 more which means it is $7 for a pizza.  First you pick your sauce- there are a few different tomato ones, olive oil, pesto, etc.  Then you pick your cheese- FRESH mozzarella, shredded mozzarella, ricotta, and many others.  There is then a selection of free toppings which includes most veggies and herbs.  You can also add premium toppings like meats, artichokes, and other odds and ends for an extra $1 each.  I LOVE it!

Today I got a pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil, green peppers, tomatoes and olives.  YUM!  The crust is a bit dry but very good for gluten free!  I end up thirsty after eating it, but that happened when I used to eat regular pizza so I can't complain.  Just have lots of water handy!  

The location in downtown Athens actually has a separate area to make pizzas for those with a severe gluten allergy.  They have all the toppings back there which is great for those with Celiac.

I'm just grateful I can have pizza.  The whole premise is great and I will definitely enjoy this many times while I live here!
The pizza box which also has the logo and website for your convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment